Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes


(a) Upon motion of an obligee or the public authority, which has been properly served on the obligor by first class mail at the last known address or in person, and if at a hearing, the court finds that (1) the obligor is in arrears in court-ordered child support or maintenance payments, or both, in an amount equal to or greater than six times the obligor's total monthly support and maintenance payments and is not in compliance with a written payment agreement pursuant to section 518A.69, or (2) has failed, after receiving notice, to comply with a subpoena relating to a paternity or child support proceeding, the court may direct the commissioner of natural resources to suspend or bar receipt of the obligor's recreational license or licenses. Prior to utilizing this section, the court must find that other substantial enforcement mechanisms have been attempted but have not resulted in compliance.

(b) For purposes of this section, a recreational license includes all licenses, permits, and stamps issued centrally by the commissioner of natural resources under sections 97B.301, 97B.401, 97B.501, 97B.515, 97B.601, 97B.715, 97B.721, 97B.801, 97C.301, and 97C.305.

(c) An obligor whose recreational license or licenses have been suspended or barred may provide proof to the court that the obligor is in compliance with all written payment agreements pursuant to section 518A.69. Within 15 days of receipt of that proof, the court shall notify the commissioner of natural resources that the obligor's recreational license or licenses should no longer be suspended nor should receipt be barred.

Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes