147D.25 ADVISORY COUNCIL ON LICENSED TRADITIONAL MIDWIFERY.
Subdivision 1. Membership.
The board shall appoint a five-member Advisory Council on
Licensed Traditional Midwifery. One member shall be a licensed physician who has been or is
currently consulting with licensed traditional midwives, appointed from a list of names submitted
to the board by the Minnesota Medical Association. Three members shall be licensed traditional
midwives appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by Midwifery Now. One member
shall be a homebirth parent appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by Minnesota
Families for Midwifery.
Subd. 2. Organization.
The advisory council shall be organized and administered under
. The council expires June 30, 2007.
Subd. 3. Duties.
The advisory council shall:
(1) advise the board regarding standards for licensed traditional midwives;
(2) provide for distribution of information regarding licensed traditional midwifery practice
(3) advise the board on enforcement of this chapter;
(4) review applications and recommend granting or denying licensure or license renewal;
(5) advise the board on issues related to receiving and investigating complaints, conducting
hearings, and imposing disciplinary action in relation to complaints against licensed traditional
(6) advise the board regarding approval of continuing education programs using the criteria
147D.21, subdivision 2
(7) recommend alternate accrediting and credentialing organizations or agencies to the
(8) perform other duties authorized for advisory councils by chapter 214, as directed by
History: 1999 c 162 s 13; 2003 c 87 s 3