147D.25 Advisory Council on Licensed Traditional Midwifery.
Subdivision 1. Membership. The board shall appoint a five-member Advisory Council on Licensed Traditional Midwifery. One member shall be a licensed physician who has been or is currently consulting with licensed traditional midwives, appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by the Minnesota Medical Association. Three members shall be licensed traditional midwives appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by Midwifery Now. One member shall be a homebirth parent appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by Minnesota Families for Midwifery.
Subd. 2. Organization. The advisory council shall be organized and administered under section 15.059. The council expires June 30, 2007.
Subd. 3. Duties. The advisory council shall:
(1) advise the board regarding standards for licensed traditional midwives;
(2) provide for distribution of information regarding licensed traditional midwifery practice standards;
(3) advise the board on enforcement of this chapter;
(4) review applications and recommend granting or denying licensure or license renewal;
(5) advise the board on issues related to receiving and investigating complaints, conducting hearings, and imposing disciplinary action in relation to complaints against licensed traditional midwives;
(6) advise the board regarding approval of continuing education programs using the criteria in section 147D.21, subdivision 2;
(7) recommend alternate accrediting and credentialing organizations or agencies to the board; and
(8) perform other duties authorized for advisory councils by chapter 214, as directed by the board.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes