The board shall appoint a five-member Advisory Council on Licensed Traditional Midwifery. One member shall be a licensed physician who has been or is currently consulting or collaborating with licensed traditional midwives appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by the Minnesota Council of Certified Professional Midwives or its successors. Three members shall be licensed traditional midwives appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by Midwifery Now and the Minnesota Council of Certified Professional Midwives or their successors. One member shall be a parent of a child born under the care of a licensed traditional midwife appointed from a list of names submitted to the board by Minnesota Families for Midwifery, or its successor.
The advisory council shall be organized and administered under section 15.059.
The advisory council shall:
(1) advise the board regarding standards for licensed traditional midwives;
(2) provide for distribution of information regarding licensed traditional midwifery practice standards;
(3) advise the board on enforcement of this chapter;
(4) review applications and recommend granting or denying licensure or license renewal;
(5) advise the board on issues related to receiving and investigating complaints, conducting hearings, and imposing disciplinary action in relation to complaints against licensed traditional midwives;
(6) advise the board regarding approval of continuing education programs using the criteria in section 147D.21, subdivision 2;
(7) recommend alternate accrediting and credentialing organizations or agencies to the board; and
(8) perform other duties authorized for advisory councils by chapter 214, as directed by the board.
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.