115B.42 Solid waste fund.
Subdivision 1. Repealed, 2003 c 128 art 2 s 56
Subd. 2. Expenditures. The commissioner may spend money from the remediation fund under section 116.155, subdivision 2, paragraph (a), clause (2), to:
(1) inspect permitted mixed municipal solid waste disposal facilities to:
(i) evaluate the adequacy of final cover, slopes, vegetation, and erosion control;
(ii) determine the presence and concentration of hazardous substances, pollutants or contaminants, and decomposition gases; and
(iii) determine the boundaries of fill areas;
(2) monitor and take, or reimburse others for, environmental response actions, including emergency response actions, at qualified facilities;
(3) acquire and dispose of property under section 115B.412, subdivision 3;
(4) recover costs under section 115B.39;
(7) pay for private water supply well monitoring and health assessment costs of the commissioner of health in areas affected by unpermitted mixed municipal solid waste disposal facilities;
(8) reimburse persons under section 115B.43;
(9) reimburse mediation expenses up to a total of $250,000 annually or defense costs up to a total of $250,000 annually for third-party claims for response costs under state or federal law as provided in section 115B.414; and
(10) perform environmental assessments, up to $1,000,000, at unpermitted mixed municipal solid waste disposal facilities.