The commissioner, the local agency, a person with a developmental disability or any parent, spouse or relative of a person with a developmental disability may file a verified petition alleging that the appointment of a public conservator or public guardian is required.
The petition shall set forth:
(1) the name and address of the petitioner, and, in the case of a petition brought by a person other than the commissioner, whether the petitioner is a parent, spouse, or relative of the proposed ward;
(2) whether the commissioner has accepted a nomination to act as public conservator or public guardian;
(3) the name, address, and date of birth of the proposed ward;
(4) the names and addresses of the nearest relatives and spouse, if any, of the proposed ward;
(5) the probable value and general character of the proposed ward's real and personal property and the probable amount of the proposed ward's debts;
(6) the facts supporting the establishment of public conservatorship or guardianship, including that no family member or other qualified individual is willing to assume guardianship or conservatorship responsibilities under sections 524.5-101 to 524.5-502; and
(7) if conservatorship is requested, the powers the petitioner believes are necessary to protect and supervise the proposed conservatee.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes