The proceeds of the tax paid under sections 298.015 to 298.017 on minerals and energy resources mined or extracted within the taconite assistance area defined in section 273.1341, shall be allocated as follows:
(1) five percent to the city or town within which the minerals or energy resources are mined or extracted;
(2) ten percent to the taconite municipal aid account to be distributed as provided in section 298.282;
(3) ten percent to the school district within which the minerals or energy resources are mined or extracted;
(4) 20 percent to a group of school districts comprised of those school districts wherein the mineral or energy resource was mined or extracted or in which there is a qualifying municipality as defined by section 273.134, paragraph (b), in direct proportion to school district indexes as follows: for each school district, its pupil units determined under section 126C.05 for the prior school year shall be multiplied by the ratio of the average adjusted net tax capacity per pupil unit for school districts receiving aid under this clause as calculated pursuant to chapters 122A, 126C, and 127A for the school year ending prior to distribution to the adjusted net tax capacity per pupil unit of the district. Each district shall receive that portion of the distribution which its index bears to the sum of the indices for all school districts that receive the distributions;
(5) 20 percent to the county within which the minerals or energy resources are mined or extracted;
(7) five percent to the Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board for the purposes of section 298.22;
(8) five percent to the Douglas J. Johnson economic protection trust fund; and
(9) five percent to the taconite environmental protection fund.
The proceeds of the tax shall be distributed on July 15 each year.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes