The fee for state park permits for:
(1) an annual use of state parks is $25;
(2) a second or subsequent vehicle state park permit is $18;
(3) a state park permit valid for one day is $5;
(4) a daily vehicle state park permit for groups is $3;
(5) an annual permit for motorcycles is $20;
(6) an employee's state park permit is without charge; and
(7) a state park permit for disabled persons under section 85.053, subdivision 7, clauses (1) and (2), is $12.
The fees specified in this subdivision include any sales tax required by state law.
Notwithstanding section 16A.1283, the commissioner of natural resources may, by written order, provide a special patron permit allowing persons to pay an additional amount above the annual permit fee required in subdivision 1. The additional amount paid under this subdivision is not subject to the rulemaking provisions of chapter 14 and section 14.386 does not apply.
Except as otherwise specified in law, and notwithstanding section 16A.1285, subdivision 2, the commissioner may by written order authorize waiver or reduction of state park entrance fees.
The fees collected under this section shall be deposited in the natural resources fund and credited to the state parks account. Money in the account, except for the electronic licensing system commission established by the commissioner under section 84.027, subdivision 15, is available for appropriation to the commissioner to operate and maintain the state park system.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes