93.22 DISPOSITION OF PAYMENTS.
Subdivision 1. Generally.
(a) All payments under sections
shall be made to
the Department of Natural Resources and shall be credited according to this section.
(b) Twenty percent of all payments under sections
shall be credited to the
minerals management account in the natural resources fund as costs for the administration and
management of state mineral resources by the commissioner of natural resources.
(c) The remainder of the payments shall be credited as follows:
(1) if the lands or minerals and mineral rights covered by a lease are held by the state by
virtue of an act of Congress, payments made under the lease shall be credited to the permanent
fund of the class of land to which the leased premises belong;
(2) if a lease covers the bed of navigable waters, payments made under the lease shall be
credited to the permanent school fund of the state;
(3) if the lands or minerals and mineral rights covered by a lease are held by the state in trust
for the taxing districts, payments made under the lease shall be distributed annually on the first
day of September to the respective counties in which the lands lie, to be apportioned among the
taxing districts interested therein as follows: county, three-ninths; town or city, two-ninths; and
school district, four-ninths;
(4) if the lands or mineral rights covered by a lease became the absolute property of the
state under the provisions of chapter 84A, payments made under the lease shall be distributed
as follows: county containing the land from which the income was derived, five-eighths; and
general fund of the state, three-eighths; and
(5) except as provided under this section and except where the disposition of payments
may be otherwise directed by law, payments made under a lease shall be paid into the general
fund of the state.
Subd. 2.[Repealed, 1Sp2003 c 9 art 5 s 37
History: (6411) 1921 c 412 s 9; 1925 c 395; 1927 c 389 s 1; 1973 c 492 s 14; 2000 c 495 s
18; 1Sp2001 c 6 art 1 s 1; 2007 c 57 art 1 s 78