120B.024 GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS; COURSE CREDITS.
(a) Students beginning 9th grade in the 2004-2005 school year and later must successfully
complete the following high school level course credits for graduation:
(1) four credits of language arts;
(2) three credits of mathematics, encompassing at least algebra, geometry, statistics, and
probability sufficient to satisfy the academic standard;
(3) three credits of science, including at least one credit in biology;
(4) three and one-half credits of social studies, encompassing at least United States history,
geography, government and citizenship, world history, and economics or three credits of social
studies encompassing at least United States history, geography, government and citizenship, and
world history, and one-half credit of economics taught in a school's social studies, agriculture
education, or business department;
(5) one credit in the arts; and
(6) a minimum of seven elective course credits.
A course credit is equivalent to a student successfully completing an academic year of study
or a student mastering the applicable subject matter, as determined by the local school district.
(b) An agriculture science course may fulfill a science credit requirement in addition to the
specified science credits in biology and chemistry or physics under paragraph (a), clause (3).
(c) A career and technical education course may fulfill a science, mathematics, or arts credit
requirement in addition to the specified science, mathematics, or arts credits under paragraph
(a), clause (2), (3), or (5).
History: 2003 c 129 art 1 s 6; 2004 c 294 art 2 s 4; 2006 c 263 art 2 s 4; 2007 c 146 art 2 s 5