120B.024 Graduation requirements; course credits.
Students beginning 9th grade in the 2004-2005 school year and later must successfully complete the following high school level course credits for graduation:
(1) four credits of language arts;
(2) three credits of mathematics, encompassing at least algebra, geometry, statistics, and probability sufficient to satisfy the academic standard;
(3) three credits of science, including at least one credit in biology;
(4) three and one-half credits of social studies, including at least one credit of United States history, one credit of geography, 0.5 credits of government and citizenship, 0.5 credits of world history, and 0.5 credits of economics; and
(5) a minimum of eight elective course credits, including at least one credit in the arts.
A course credit is equivalent to a student's successful completion of an academic year of study or a student's mastery of the applicable subject matter, as determined by the local school district.
HIST: 2003 c 129 art 1 s 6
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes