299A.705 DRIVER AND VEHICLE SERVICES OPERATING ACCOUNTS.
Subdivision 1. Vehicle services operating account.
(a) The vehicle services operating
account is created in the special revenue fund, consisting of all money from the vehicle services
fees specified in chapters 168 and 168A and any other money otherwise donated, allotted,
appropriated, or legislated to this account.
(b) Funds appropriated are available to administer vehicle services as specified in chapters
168 and 168A and section
(1) designing, producing, issuing, and mailing vehicle registrations, plates, emblems, and
(2) collecting title and registration taxes and fees;
(3) transferring vehicle registration plates and titles;
(4) maintaining vehicle records;
(5) issuing disability certificates and plates;
(6) licensing vehicle dealers;
(7) appointing, monitoring, and auditing deputy registrars; and
(8) inspecting vehicles when required by law.
Subd. 2. Driver services operating account.
(a) The driver services operating account is
created in the special revenue fund, consisting of all money collected under chapter 171 and any
other money otherwise donated, allotted, appropriated, or legislated to the account.
(b) Money in the account must be used by the commissioner of public safety to administer
the driver services specified in chapters 169A and 171, including the activities associated with
producing and mailing drivers' licenses and identification cards and notices relating to issuance,
renewal, or withdrawal of driving and identification card privileges for any fiscal year or years
and for the testing and examination of drivers.
History: 1Sp2005 c 6 art 2 s 46