299A.705 Driver and vehicle services operating accounts.
Subdivision 1. Vehicle services operating account. (a) The vehicle services operating account is created in the special revenue fund, consisting of all money from the vehicle services fees specified in chapters 168 and 168A and any other money otherwise donated, allotted, appropriated, or legislated to this account.
(b) Funds appropriated are available to administer vehicle services as specified in chapters 168 and 168A and section 169.345, including:
(1) designing, producing, issuing, and mailing vehicle registrations, plates, emblems, and titles;
(2) collecting title and registration taxes and fees;
(3) transferring vehicle registration plates and titles;
(4) maintaining vehicle records;
(5) issuing disability certificates and plates;
(6) licensing vehicle dealers;
(7) appointing, monitoring, and auditing deputy registrars; and
(8) inspecting vehicles when required by law.
Subd. 2. Driver services operating account. (a) The driver services operating account is created in the special revenue fund, consisting of all money collected under chapter 171 and any other money otherwise donated, allotted, appropriated, or legislated to the account.
(b) Money in the account must be used by the commissioner of public safety to administer the driver services specified in chapters 169A and 171, including the activities associated with producing and mailing drivers' licenses and identification cards and notices relating to issuance, renewal, or withdrawal of driving and identification card privileges for any fiscal year or years and for the testing and examination of drivers.
HIST: 1Sp2005 c 6 art 2 s 46
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes