Subdivision 1. First registration. The treasurer of a political committee, political fund, principal campaign committee, or party unit must register with the board by filing a statement of organization no later than 14 days after the committee, fund, or party unit has made a contribution, received contributions, or made expenditures in excess of $100.
Subd. 2. Form. The statement of organization must include:
(1) the name and address of the committee, fund, or party unit;
(2) the name and address of the chair of a political committee, principal campaign committee, or party unit;
(3) the name and address of any supporting association of a political fund;
(4) the name and address of the treasurer and any deputy treasurers;
(5) a listing of all depositories or safety deposit boxes used; and
(6) for the state committee of a political party only, a list of its party units.
Subd. 3. Repealed, 1976 c 307 s 35
Subd. 4. Failure to file; penalty. The board must notify by certified mail or personal service any individual who fails to file a statement required by this section. If an individual fails to file a statement within seven days after receiving a notice, the board may impose a late filing fee of $5 per day, not to exceed $100, commencing with the eighth day after receiving notice. The board must further notify by certified mail or personal service any individual who fails to file a statement within 21 days after receiving a first notice that such individual may be subject to a criminal penalty for failure to file the report. An individual who knowingly fails to file the statement within seven days after receiving a second notice from the board is guilty of a misdemeanor.