Subdivision 1. Amounts. (a) The department shall be paid the following fees:
(1) for filing an application for and the issuance of an original certificate of title, the sum of $2;
(2) for each security interest when first noted upon a certificate of title, including the concurrent notation of any assignment thereof and its subsequent release or satisfaction, the sum of $2, except that no fee is due for a security interest filed by a public authority under section 168A.05, subdivision 8;
(3) for the transfer of the interest of an owner and the issuance of a new certificate of title, the sum of $2;
(4) for each assignment of a security interest when first noted on a certificate of title, unless noted concurrently with the security interest, the sum of $1;
(5) for issuing a duplicate certificate of title, the sum of $4.
(b) After June 30, 1994, in addition to each of the fees required under paragraph (a), clauses (1) and (3), the department shall be paid $3.50.
The additional fee collected under this paragraph must be deposited in the special revenue fund and credited to the public safety motor vehicle account established in section 299A.70.
Subd. 2. Fee in lieu of other fee. If a person applies for an original or a new certificate of title to a vehicle, concurrently with an application , as transferee, of registration of the vehicle, the fee prescribed in subdivision 1 shall be in lieu of the fee prescribed by section 168.54, with respect to any transfer of ownership or registration of the vehicle to the applicant.
Subd. 3. No certificate issued until fees paid. Subject to subdivision 2, the department shall not issue a certificate of title to a vehicle until all fees prescribed by sections 168.54 and 168A.10, subdivision 6, with respect to any prior transfer of ownership or registration of the vehicle shall have been paid.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes