An employer who does any of the following is guilty of a misdemeanor:
(2) refuses to admit the commissioner to the place of business or employment of the employer, as required by section 177.27, subdivision 1;
(3) repeatedly fails to make, keep, and preserve records as required by section 177.30;
(4) falsifies any record;
(5) refuses to make any record available, or to furnish a sworn statement of the record or any other information as required by section 177.27;
(8) refuses to allow adequate time from work as required by section 177.253; or
An employer shall be fined not less than $700 nor more than $3,000 if convicted of discharging or otherwise discriminating against any employee because:
(3) the employee has testified or will testify in any proceeding.