The board shall appoint a seven-member Respiratory Care Advisory Council consisting of two public members as defined in section 214.02, three licensed respiratory therapists, and two licensed physicians with expertise in respiratory care.
The advisory council shall be organized and administered under section 15.059.
The advisory council shall:
(1) advise the board regarding standards for respiratory therapists;
(2) provide for distribution of information regarding respiratory therapy standards;
(4) review applications and recommend granting or denying licensure or license renewal;
(5) advise the board on issues related to receiving and investigating complaints, conducting hearings, and imposing disciplinary action in relation to complaints against respiratory therapists;
(6) advise the board regarding approval of continuing education programs using the criteria in section 147C.25, subdivision 3; and
(7) perform other duties authorized for advisory councils by chapter 214, as directed by the board.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes