Notwithstanding the terms, provisions or conditions of any agreement, no brewer shall amend, cancel, terminate or refuse to continue to renew any agreement, or cause a wholesaler to resign from an agreement, unless the brewer:
(1) has satisfied the notice and opportunity to cure requirements of section 325B.05;
(2) has acted in good faith; and
(3) has good cause for the cancellation, termination, nonrenewal, discontinuance, or forced resignation.
For purposes of subdivision 1:
(a) "Good cause" includes, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) revocation of the wholesaler's license under section 340A.304;
(2) the wholesaler's bankruptcy or insolvency;
(3) assignment of the assets of the wholesaler for the benefit of creditors, or a similar disposition of the wholesaler's assets; or
(4) a failure by the wholesaler to substantially comply, without reasonable excuse or justification, with any reasonable and material requirement imposed on the wholesaler by the brewer, where the failure was discovered by the brewer not more than one year before the date on which the brewer gave notice to the wholesaler under section 325B.05.
(b) "Good cause" does not include the sale or purchase of a brewer.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes