(a) Every state agency with an information or telecommunications project must consult with the Office of MN.IT Services to determine the information technology cost of the project. Upon agreement between the commissioner of a particular agency and the chief information officer, the agency must transfer the information technology cost portion of the project to the Office of MN.IT Services. Service level agreements must document all project-related transfers under this section. Those agencies specified in section 16E.016, paragraph (d), are exempt from the requirements of this section.
(b) Notwithstanding section 16A.28, subdivision 3, any unexpended operating balance appropriated to a state agency may be transferred to the information and telecommunications technology systems and services account for the information technology cost of a specific project, subject to the review of the Legislative Advisory Commission, under section 16E.21, subdivision 3.
No later than October 1, 2017, and annually thereafter, the state chief information officer must submit a comprehensive project portfolio report to the chairs and ranking minority members of the house of representatives and senate committees with jurisdiction over state government finance on projects requiring consultation under subdivision 1. The report must itemize:
(1) each project presented to the office for consultation in the time since the last report;
(2) the information technology cost associated with the project, including the information technology cost as a percentage of the project's complete budget;
(3) the status of the information technology components of the project's development;
(4) the date the information technology components of the project are expected to be completed; and
(5) the projected costs for ongoing support and maintenance of the information technology components after the project is complete.
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.