(a) The Physician Assistant Advisory Council is created and is composed of seven persons appointed by the board. The seven persons must include:
(1) two public members, as defined in section 214.02;
(2) three physician assistants licensed under this chapter who meet the criteria for a new applicant under section 147A.02; and
(3) two licensed physicians with experience supervising physician assistants.
(b) No member shall serve more than two consecutive terms. If a member is appointed for a partial term and serves more than half of that term it shall be considered a full term.
The council shall advise the board regarding:
(1) physician assistant licensure standards;
(2) enforcement of grounds for discipline;
(3) distribution of information regarding physician assistant licensure standards;
(4) applications and recommendations of applicants for licensure or license renewal;
(5) complaints and recommendations to the board regarding disciplinary matters and proceedings concerning applicants and licensees according to sections 214.10; 214.103; and 214.13, subdivisions 6 and 7; and
(6) issues related to physician assistant practice and regulation.
The council shall perform other duties authorized for the council by chapter 214 as directed by the board.