147A.27 Physician assistant advisory council.
Subdivision 1. Membership. The physician assistant advisory council is created and is composed of seven persons appointed by the board. The seven persons must include:
(1) two public members, as defined in section 214.02;
(2) three physician assistants registered under this chapter; and
(3) two licensed physicians with experience supervising physician assistants.
Subd. 2. Organization. The council shall be organized and administered under section 15.059, except that the advisory council shall expire on June 30, 2007.
Subd. 3. Duties. The council shall advise the board regarding:
(1) physician assistant registration standards;
(2) enforcement of grounds for discipline;
(3) distribution of information regarding physician assistant registration standards;
(4) applications and recommendations of applicants for registration or registration renewal; and
(5) complaints and recommendations to the board regarding disciplinary matters and proceedings concerning applicants and registrants according to sections 214.10; 214.103; and 214.13, subdivisions 6 and 7.
The council shall perform other duties authorized for the council by chapter 214 as directed by the board.
HIST: 1997 c 120 s 1
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes