The Physician Assistant Advisory Council is created and is composed of seven persons appointed by the board. The seven persons must include:
(1) two public members, as defined in section 214.02;
(2) three physician assistants licensed under this chapter who meet the criteria for a new applicant under section 147A.02; and
(3) two licensed physicians with experience practicing with physician assistants.
The council shall advise the board regarding:
(1) physician assistant licensure standards;
(2) enforcement of grounds for discipline;
(3) distribution of information regarding physician assistant licensure standards;
(4) applications and recommendations of applicants for licensure or license renewal;
(5) complaints and recommendations to the board regarding disciplinary matters and proceedings concerning applicants and licensees according to sections 214.10; 214.103; and 214.13, subdivisions 6 and 7; and
(6) issues related to physician assistant practice and regulation.
The council shall perform other duties authorized for the council by chapter 214 as directed by the board.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes