Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, an individual shall be licensed by the board before the individual may practice as a physician assistant.
The board may grant a license as a physician assistant to an applicant who:
(1) submits an application on forms approved by the board;
(2) pays the appropriate fee as determined by the board;
(3) has current certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, or its successor agency as approved by the board;
(4) certifies that the applicant is mentally and physically able to engage safely in practice as a physician assistant;
(5) has no licensure, certification, or registration as a physician assistant under current discipline, revocation, suspension, or probation for cause resulting from the applicant's practice as a physician assistant, unless the board considers the condition and agrees to licensure;
(6) submits any other information the board deems necessary to evaluate the applicant's qualifications; and
(7) has been approved by the board.
All persons registered as physician assistants as of June 30, 1995, are eligible for continuing license renewal. All persons applying for licensure after that date shall be licensed according to this chapter.
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.