Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes


Clients or relatives aggrieved by an order of the commissioner under sections 246.50 to 246.55 may appeal from the order to the district court of the county in which they reside by serving notice of the appeal on the commissioner and filing the notice, with proof of service, in the office of the court administrator of the district court of the county within 30 days from the date the order was mailed, or a later date not exceeding one year from the date of mailing as permitted by order of the court. The appeal may be brought on for hearing by the appellant or the commissioner upon ten days' written notice. It shall be tried to the court which shall hear evidence it deems necessary and by order affirm or modify the order of the commissioner. When any order or determination of the commissioner made under sections 246.50 to 246.55 is brought in question on appeal, the order or determination shall be determined de novo. Appeal from the order of the district court may be taken as in other civil cases.

Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes