(1) a warehouse operator owns goods solely, jointly, or in common with others;
(2) the goods are deposited with or held by the warehouse operator;
(3) the warehouse operator or an officer, agent, or employee of the warehouse operator issues or helps to issue a negotiable receipt for the goods;
(4) the receipt does not show the warehouse operator's ownership interest; and
(5) the issuer or helper knows of the warehouse operator's ownership interest;
then the issuer or helper is guilty of a crime.
Whoever commits the crime described in subdivision 1 may be sentenced for each offense to imprisonment for not more than one year or to payment of a fine of not more than $3,000, or both.