MN Legislature


Revisor of Statutes Menu



2011 Minnesota Statutes

This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.


Subdivision 1.Applicability.

All tracts or lots of real property belonging to the state and under the control and supervision of the commissioner of natural resources shall be disposed of according to sections 94.09 to 94.16, unless otherwise provided by law.

Subd. 2.

[Repealed, 2004 c 262 art 1 s 41]

Subd. 3.Notice to agencies; determination of surplus.

The commissioner of natural resources shall send written notice to all state departments, agencies and the University of Minnesota describing any lands or tracts which may be declared surplus. If a department or agency or the University of Minnesota desires custody of the lands or tracts, it shall submit a written request to the commissioner, no later than four calendar weeks after mailing of the notice, setting forth in detail its reasons for desiring to acquire, and its intended use of, the land or tract. The commissioner shall then determine whether any of the lands described in the certifications of the heads of the departments or agencies should be declared surplus and offered for sale or otherwise disposed of by transferring custodial control to other requesting state departments or agencies or to the Board of Regents of the University of Minnesota for educational purposes, provided however that transfer to the Board of Regents shall not be determinative of tax exemption or immunity. If the commissioner determines that any of the lands are no longer needed for state purposes, the commissioner shall make findings of fact, describe the lands, declare the lands to be surplus state land, and state the reasons for the sale or disposition of the lands.

Subd. 4.

[Repealed, 2004 c 262 art 1 s 41]

Subd. 5.

[Repealed, 2004 c 262 art 1 s 41]

Subd. 6.

[Repealed, 2004 c 262 art 1 s 41]

700 State Office Building, 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55155 ♦ Phone: (651) 296-2868 ♦ TTY: 1-800-627-3529 ♦ Fax: (651) 296-0569