The Medicare supplement plan will pay 100 percent coverage upon payment of the annual high deductible. The annual deductible shall consist of out-of-pocket expenses, other than premiums, for services covered. This plan must have a level of coverage that will provide:
(1) 100 percent of Medicare Part A hospitalization coinsurance plus coverage for 365 days after Medicare benefits end;
(2) coverage for 100 percent of the Medicare Part A inpatient hospital deductible amount per benefit period;
(3) coverage for 100 percent of the coinsurance amount for each day used from the 21st through the 100th day in a Medicare benefit period for posthospital skilled nursing care eligible under Medicare Part A;
(4) coverage for 100 percent of cost sharing for all Medicare Part A eligible expenses and respite care;
(5) coverage for 100 percent, under Medicare Part A or B, of the reasonable cost of the first three pints of blood, or equivalent quantities of packed red blood cells, as defined under federal regulations, unless replaced according to federal regulations;
(6) except for coverage provided in this clause, coverage for 100 percent of the cost sharing otherwise applicable under Medicare Part B;
(7) coverage of 100 percent of the cost sharing for Medicare Part B preventive services and diagnostic procedures for cancer screening described in section 62A.30 after the policyholder pays the Medicare Part B deductible;
(8) coverage of 100 percent of the hospital and medical expenses and supplies incurred during travel outside of the United States as a result of a medical emergency;
(9) coverage for 100 percent of Medicare Part A and B home health care services and medical supplies; and
(10) the basis for the deductible shall be $1,860 and shall be adjusted annually from 2010 by the secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services to reflect the change in the Consumer Price Index for all urban consumers for the 12-month period ending with August of the preceding year, and rounded to the nearest multiple of $10.
NOTE: This section, as added by Laws 2009, article 1, section 30, applies to plans and certificates with an effective date for coverage on or after June 1, 2010. Laws 2009, chapter 178, article 1, section 70.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes