The Medicare supplement plan with $20 and $50 co-payment Medicare Part B coverage must have a level of coverage that will provide:
(1) 100 percent of Medicare Part A hospitalization coinsurance plus coverage for 365 days after Medicare benefits end;
(2) coverage for the Medicare Part A inpatient hospital deductible amount per benefit period;
(3) coverage for the coinsurance amount for each day used from the 21st through the 100th day in a Medicare benefit period for posthospital skilled nursing care eligible under Medicare Part A;
(4) coverage for the cost sharing for all Medicare Part A eligible hospice and respite care expenses;
(5) coverage for Medicare Part A or B of the reasonable cost of the first three pints of blood, or equivalent quantities of packed red blood cells, as defined under federal regulations, unless replaced according to federal regulations;
(6) coverage for 100 percent of the cost sharing otherwise applicable under Medicare Part B except for the lesser of $20 or the Medicare Part B coinsurance or co-payment for each covered health care provider office visit and the lesser of $50 or the Medicare Part B coinsurance or co-payment for each covered emergency room visit; however, this co-payment shall be waived if the insured is admitted to any hospital and the emergency visit is subsequently covered as a Medicare Part A expense;
(7) coverage of 100 percent of the cost sharing for Medicare Part B preventive services and diagnostic procedures for cancer screening described in section 62A.30 after the policyholder pays the Medicare Part B deductible;
(8) coverage of 80 percent of the hospital and medical expenses and supplies incurred during travel outside of the United States as a result of a medical emergency; and
(9) coverage for Medicare Part A or B home health care services and medical supplies after the policyholder pays the Medicare Part B deductible.
NOTE: This section, as added by Laws 2009, article 1, section 29, applies to plans and certificates with an effective date for coverage on or after June 1, 2010. Laws 2009, chapter 178, article 1, section 70.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes