The design and delivery of services eligible for reimbursement under the rates established in section 252.46 should reflect the following principles:
(1) services must suit a person's chronological age and be provided in the least restrictive environment possible, consistent with the needs identified in the person's individual service and individual habilitation plans under Minnesota Rules, parts 9525.0015 to 9525.0165;
(2) a person with a developmental disability whose individual service and individual habilitation plans authorize employment or employment-related activities shall be given the opportunity to participate in employment and employment-related activities in which nondisabled persons participate;
(3) a person with a developmental disability participating in work shall be paid wages commensurate with the rate for comparable work and productivity except as regional centers are governed by section 246.151;
(4) a person with a developmental disability shall receive services which include services offered in settings used by the general public and designed to increase the person's active participation in ordinary community activities;
(5) a person with a developmental disability shall participate in the patterns, conditions, and rhythms of everyday living and working that are consistent with the norms of the mainstream of society.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes