The design and delivery of services eligible for reimbursement should reflect the following principles:
(1) services must suit a person's chronological age and be provided in the least restrictive environment possible, consistent with the needs identified in the person's coordinated service and support plan and coordinated service and support plan addendum required under sections 256B.092, subdivision 1b, and 245D.02, subdivision 4, paragraphs (b) and (c), and Minnesota Rules, part 9525.0004, subpart 12;
(2) a person with a disability whose individual coordinated service and support plans and coordinated service and support plan addendums authorize employment or employment-related activities shall be given the opportunity to participate in employment and employment-related activities in which nondisabled persons participate;
(3) a person with a disability participating in work shall be paid wages commensurate with the rate for comparable work and productivity except as regional centers are governed by section 246.151;
(4) a person with a disability shall receive services which include services offered in settings used by the general public and designed to increase the person's active participation in ordinary community activities;
(5) a person with a disability shall participate in the patterns, conditions, and rhythms of everyday living and working that are consistent with the norms of the mainstream of society.
NOTE: The amendment to this section by Laws 2019, First Special Session chapter 9, article 5, section 29, is effective January 1, 2021. Laws 2019, First Special Session chapter 9, article 5, section 29, the effective date.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes