93.0015 MINERAL COORDINATING COMMITTEE.
Subdivision 1. Establishment; membership.
The Mineral Coordinating Committee is
established to plan for diversified mineral development. The Mineral Coordinating Committee
(1) the commissioner of natural resources;
(2) the deputy commissioner of the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency;
(3) the director of United Steelworkers of America, District 11, or the director's designee;
(4) the commissioner of Iron Range resources and rehabilitation;
(5) the director of the Minnesota Geological Survey;
(6) the dean of the University of Minnesota Institute of Technology;
(7) the director of the Natural Resources Research Institute; and
(8) three individuals appointed by the governor for a four-year term, one each representing
the iron ore and taconite, nonferrous metallic minerals, and industrial minerals industries within
Subd. 2. Staffing.
The commissioner of natural resources shall serve as chair of the
committee. A member of the committee may designate another person of the member's
organization to act in the member's place. The commissioner shall provide staff and administrative
services necessary for the committee's activities.
Subd. 3. Expiration.
15.059, subdivision 5
, or other law to the
contrary, the committee expires June 30, 2011.
Subd. 4. Advice.
The Mineral Coordinating Committee is encouraged to solicit and receive
advice from representatives of the United States Geological Survey, United States Environmental
Protection Agency, and United States Department of Energy.
History: 1Sp2003 c 13 s 5; 2007 c 57 art 1 s 77