184B.045 RECORDING AND REPORTING.
(a) An owner, or the State Agricultural Society on its behalf, shall maintain a first-aid
incident report log for all rider injuries or illnesses resulting from the operation of an amusement
ride, other than minor injuries or illnesses. The recorded information shall include the following:
(1) date the injury or illness occurred;
(2) name, address, and telephone number of the rider receiving emergency health care
service or treatment;
(3) age of the rider;
(4) manufacturer's name and serial number of the amusement ride involved in the incident
(5) description of the injury or illness;
(6) description of the first-aid service or treatment administered; and
(7) any other pertinent information.
(b) An owner, or the State Agricultural Society on its behalf, shall maintain the first-aid
incident report log for a period of not less than three years, and shall make the first-aid incident
report log available to the commissioner upon request. An owner of an amusement ride, or the
State Agricultural Society on its behalf, shall provide a report to the commissioner and a local law
enforcement agency of any accident or incident arising from the use or operation of an amusement
ride resulting in serious rider injury or illness. The accident involving the serious injury or illness
must be investigated by the local law enforcement agency or the commissioner. A serious injury
or illness is an injury or illness that results in death, dismemberment, disfigurement, compound
fracture, or permanent loss of the use of a body organ, member, function, or system, or that
requires hospital admission within 24 hours of the accident or incident.
History: 2007 c 95 s 8