148E.100 LICENSED SOCIAL WORKERS; SUPERVISED PRACTICE.
Subdivision 1. Supervision required after licensure.
After receiving a license from the
board as a licensed social worker, the licensed social worker must obtain at least 100 hours of
supervision according to the requirements of this section.
Subd. 2. Practice requirements.
The supervision required by subdivision 1 must be obtained
during the first 4,000 hours of postbaccalaureate social work practice authorized by law. At least
four hours of supervision must be obtained during every 160 hours of practice.
Subd. 3. Types of supervision.
Of the 100 hours of supervision required under subdivision 1:
(1) 50 hours must be provided through one-on-one supervision, including: (i) a minimum of
25 hours of in-person supervision, and (ii) no more than 25 hours of supervision via eye-to-eye
electronic media; and
(2) 50 hours must be provided through: (i) one-on-one supervision, or (ii) group supervision.
The supervision may be in person, by telephone, or via eye-to-eye electronic media. The
supervision must not be provided by e-mail. Group supervision is limited to six members not
counting the supervisor or supervisors.
Subd. 4. Supervisor requirements.
The supervision required by subdivision 1 must be
provided by a supervisor who:
(1) is a licensed social worker who has completed the supervised practice requirements;
(2) is a licensed graduate social worker, licensed independent social worker, or licensed
independent clinical social worker; or
(3) meets the requirements specified in section
148E.120, subdivision 2
Subd. 5. Supervisee requirements.
The supervisee must:
(1) to the satisfaction of the supervisor, practice competently and ethically according to
professional social work knowledge, skills, and values;
(2) receive supervision in the following content areas:
(i) development of professional values and responsibilities;
(ii) practice skills;
(iii) authorized scope of practice;
(iv) ensuring continuing competence; and
(v) ethical standards of practice;
(3) submit a supervision plan according to section
148E.125, subdivision 1
(4) if the board audits the supervisee's supervised practice, submit verification of supervised
practice according to section
148E.125, subdivision 3
Subd. 6. After completion of supervision requirements.
A licensed social worker who
fulfills the supervision requirements specified in subdivisions 1 to 5 is not required to be
supervised after completion of the supervision requirements.
Subd. 7. Attestation.
The social worker and the social worker's supervisor must attest that
the supervisee has met or has made progress on meeting the applicable supervision requirements
according to section
148E.125, subdivision 2
History: 2007 c 123 s 82