148E.030 DUTIES OF THE BOARD.
Subdivision 1. Duties.
The board must perform the duties necessary to promote and protect
the public health, safety, and welfare through the licensure and regulation of persons who practice
social work in this state. These duties include, but are not limited to:
(1) establishing the qualifications and procedures for individuals to be licensed as social
(2) establishing standards of practice for social workers;
(3) holding examinations or contracting with the Association of Social Work Boards or a
similar examination body designated by the board to hold examinations to assess applicants'
(4) issuing licenses to qualified individuals according to sections
(5) taking disciplinary, adversarial, corrective, or other action according to sections
when an individual violates the requirements of this chapter;
(6) assessing fees according to sections
(7) educating social workers and the public on the requirements of the board.
Subd. 2. Rules.
The board may adopt and enforce rules to carry out the duties specified in
History: 2007 c 123 s 68