148E.025 BOARD OF SOCIAL WORK.
Subdivision 1. Creation.
The Board of Social Work consists of 15 members appointed
by the governor. The members are:
(1) ten social workers licensed according to section
(2) five public members as defined in section
Subd. 2. Qualifications of board members.
(a) All social worker members must have
engaged in the practice of social work in Minnesota for at least one year during the ten years
preceding their appointments.
(b) Five social worker members must be licensed social workers. The other five members
must be a licensed graduate social worker, a licensed independent social worker, or a licensed
independent clinical social worker.
(c) Eight social worker members must be engaged at the time of their appointment in the
practice of social work in Minnesota in the following settings:
(1) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in a county agency;
(2) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in a state agency;
(3) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in an elementary, middle,
or secondary school;
(4) one member must be employed in a hospital or nursing home licensed under chapter 144
(5) two members must be engaged in the practice of social work in a private agency;
(6) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in a clinical social work
(7) one member must be an educator engaged in regular teaching duties at a program
of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a similar accreditation
body designated by the board.
(d) At the time of their appointments, at least six members must reside outside of the
seven-county metropolitan area.
(e) At the time of their appointments, at least five members must be persons with expertise in
communities of color.
Subd. 3. Officers.
The board must annually elect from its membership a chair, vice-chair,
Subd. 4. Bylaws.
The board must adopt bylaws to govern its proceedings.
Subd. 5. Executive director.
The board must appoint and employ an executive director who
is not a member of the board. The employment of the executive director shall be subject to the
terms described in section
214.04, subdivision 2a
History: 2007 c 123 s 67