Subdivision 1. Classification.
(a) The commissioner of health shall jointly with the agency
adopt rules relating to the classification of all water supply systems actually used or intended
for use by the public.
(b) The Pollution Control Agency shall jointly with the commissioner of health adopt rules
relating to the classification of all wastewater treatment facilities actually used or intended for
use by the public or by any considerable number of persons.
(c) The classes described in paragraphs (a) and (b) shall be based on the degree of hazard to
public health, the type of unit process, the loading of the plant, and the population served or the
population equivalent of the sewage handled.
Subd. 2. Certification qualifications.
The commissioner of health and the agency shall
jointly adopt rules relating to the certification qualifications for each classification of water supply
system operators and wastewater facility operators, respectively. The rules must provide for at
least one annual examination for each class of certificate and must include, but are not limited to:
(1) education requirements;
(2) education substitution provisions;
(3) experience requirements;
(4) experience substitution provisions;
(5) examination content requirements, testing procedures, and criteria for passing;
(6) certificate renewal requirements;
(7) schedules for submitting applications and fees; and
(8) reinstatement requirements for expired, suspended, or revoked certificates.
The advisory council must be consulted before any rules are proposed under this subdivision.
History: 1971 c 828 s 2; 1977 c 305 s 45; 1987 c 186 s 15; 1995 c 180 s 7