(a) The commissioner of health shall jointly with the agency adopt rules relating to the classification of all water supply systems actually used or intended for use by the public.
(b) The Pollution Control Agency shall jointly with the commissioner of health adopt rules relating to the classification of all wastewater treatment facilities actually used or intended for use by the public or by any considerable number of persons.
(c) The classes described in paragraphs (a) and (b) shall be based on the degree of hazard to public health, the type of unit process, the loading of the plant, and the population served or the population equivalent of the sewage handled.
The commissioner of health and the agency shall jointly adopt rules relating to the certification qualifications for each classification of water supply system operators and wastewater facility operators, respectively. The rules must provide for at least one annual examination for each class of certificate and must include, but are not limited to:
(1) education requirements;
(2) education substitution provisions;
(3) experience requirements;
(4) experience substitution provisions;
(5) examination content requirements, testing procedures, and criteria for passing;
(6) certificate renewal requirements;
(7) schedules for submitting applications and fees; and
(8) reinstatement requirements for expired, suspended, or revoked certificates.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes