148D.100 Licensed social workers; supervised practice.
Subdivision 1. Supervision required after licensure. After receiving a license from the board as a licensed social worker, the licensed social worker must obtain at least 75 hours of supervision in accordance with the requirements of this section.
Subd. 2. Practice requirements. The supervision required by subdivision 1 must be obtained during the first 4,000 hours of postbaccalaureate social work practice authorized by law. At least three hours of supervision must be obtained during every 160 hours of practice.
Subd. 3. Types of supervision. (a) Thirty-seven and one-half hours of the supervision required by subdivision 1 must consist of one-on-one in-person supervision.
(b) Thirty-seven and one-half hours must consist of one or more of the following types of supervision, subject to the limitation in clause (3):
(1) one-on-one in-person supervision;
(2) in-person group supervision; or
(3) electronic supervision such as by telephone or video conferencing, provided that electronic supervision must not exceed 25 hours.
(c) To qualify as in-person group supervision, the group must not exceed seven members including the supervisor.
Subd. 4. Supervisor requirements. The supervision required by subdivision 1 must be provided by a supervisor who:
(1) is a licensed social worker who has completed the supervised practice requirements;
(2) is a licensed graduate social worker, licensed independent social worker, or licensed independent clinical social worker; or
(3) meets the requirements specified in section 148D.120, subdivision 2.
Subd. 5. Supervisee requirements. The supervisee must:
(1) to the satisfaction of the supervisor, practice competently and ethically in accordance with professional social work knowledge, skills, and values;
(2) receive supervision in the following content areas:
(i) development of professional values and responsibilities;
(ii) practice skills;
(iii) authorized scope of practice;
(iv) ensuring continuing competence; and
(v) ethical standards of practice;
(3) submit a supervision plan in accordance with section 148D.125, subdivision 1; and
(4) if the board audits the supervisee's supervised practice, submit verification of supervised practice in accordance with section 148D.125, subdivision 3.
Subd. 6. After completion of supervision requirements. A licensed social worker who fulfills the supervision requirements specified in subdivisions 1 to 5 is not required to be supervised after completion of the supervision requirements.
Subd. 7. Attestation. The social worker and the social worker's supervisor must attest that the supervisee has met or has made progress on meeting the applicable supervision requirements in accordance with section 148D.125, subdivision 2.
HIST: 2005 c 147 art 1 s 25
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes