103F.211 Model standards and criteria.
Subdivision 1. Adoption. The commissioner shall adopt model standards and criteria for the subdivision, use, and development of shoreland in municipalities and areas outside of a municipality. The standards and criteria must include:
(1) the area of a lot and length of water frontage suitable for a building site;
(2) the placement of structures in relation to shorelines and roads;
(3) the placement and construction of sanitary and waste disposal facilities;
(4) designation of types of land uses;
(5) changes in bottom contours of adjacent public waters;
(6) preservation of natural shorelands through the restriction of land uses;
(7) variances from the minimum standards and criteria; and
(8) for areas outside of a municipality only, a model ordinance.
Subd. 2. Intergovernmental advice. The state Departments of Agriculture, Health, and Employment and Economic Development; the State Planning and Pollution Control Agencies; the Board of Water and Soil Resources; and the Minnesota Historical Society shall provide information and advice necessary to prepare or amend the standards and criteria.
Subd. 3. Approval of commissioners of health and Pollution Control Agency. In addition to other requirements of chapter 14, the model standards and ordinance adopted under this section, or amendments to them must not be finally adopted unless approved by the commissioners of health and of the Pollution Control Agency.