85.052 Uses of state parks; fees.
Subdivision 1. Authority to establish. (a) The commissioner may establish, by written order, provisions for the use of state parks for the following:
(1) special parking space for automobiles or other motor-driven vehicles in a state park or state recreation area;
(2) special parking spurs, campgrounds for automobiles, sites for tent camping, and special auto trailer coach parking spaces, for the use of the individual charged for the space;
(3) improvement and maintenance of golf courses already established in state parks, and charging reasonable use fees; and
(4) providing water, sewer, and electric service to trailer or tent campsites and charging a reasonable use fee.
Subd. 2. State park pageants. (a) The commissioner may stage state park pageants in a state park, municipal park, or on other land near or adjoining a state park and charge an entrance or use fee for the pageant. All receipts from the pageants must be used in the same manner as though the pageants were conducted in a state park.
(b) The commissioner may establish, by written order, state park pageant areas to hold historical or other pageants conducted by the commissioner of a state agency or other public agency. Establishment of the areas is exempt from the rulemaking provisions of chapter 14 and section 14.386 does not apply.
Subd. 3. Fee for certain parking and campsite use. (a) An individual using spaces in state parks under subdivision 1, clause (2), shall be charged daily rates determined and set by the commissioner in a manner and amount consistent with the type of facility provided for the accommodation of guests in a particular park and with similar facilities offered for tourist camping and similar use in the area.
(b) The fee for special parking spurs, campgrounds for automobiles, sites for tent camping, and special auto trailer coach parking spaces is one-half of the fee set in paragraph (a) on Sunday through Thursday of each week for a physically handicapped person:
(1) with a motor vehicle that has special plates issued under section 168.021, subdivision 1; or
(2) who possesses a certificate issued under section 169.345, subdivision 3.
Subd. 4. Deposit of fees. (a) Fees paid for providing contracted products and services within a state park, state recreation area, or wayside, and for special state park uses under this section shall be deposited in the natural resources fund and credited to a state parks account.
(b) Gross receipts derived from sales, rentals, or leases of natural resources within state parks, recreation areas, and waysides, other than those on trust fund lands, must be deposited in the state treasury and credited to the general fund.
Subd. 5. Establishing fees. Except as otherwise specified in law, and notwithstanding sections 16A.1283 and 16A.1285, subdivision 2, the commissioner shall, by written order, establish fees providing for the use of state parks and state recreation areas. The fees are not subject to the rulemaking provisions of chapter 14 and section 14.386 does not apply.
Subd. 6. State park reservation system. The commissioner may, by written order, develop reasonable reservation policies for campsites and other lodging. These policies are exempt from rulemaking provisions under chapter 14 and section 14.386 does not apply.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes