85.052 Special uses of state parks.
Subdivision 1. Rules. The commissioner may make rules for the use of state parks including:
(1) special parking space for automobiles or other motor-driven vehicles in a state park or state recreation area;
(2) special parking spurs, campgrounds for automobiles, sites for tent camping, and special auto trailer coach parking spaces, for the use of the individual charged for the space;
(3) improvement and maintenance of golf courses already established in state parks, and charging reasonable use fees;
(4) state park pageant areas that may be established in a state park to have historical or other pageants conducted by the commissioner of a state agency or other public agency; and
(5) providing water, sewer, and electric service to trailer or tent campsites and charging a reasonable use fee.
Subd. 2. State park pageants. The commissioner may stage state park pageants in a state park, municipal park, or on other land near or adjoining a state park and charge an entrance or use fee for the pageant. All receipts from the pageants must be used in the same manner as though the pageants were conducted in a state park.
Subd. 3. Fee for certain parking and campsite use. (a) An individual using spaces in state parks under subdivision 1, clause (2), shall be charged daily rates determined and set by the commissioner in a manner and amount consistent with the type of facility provided for the accommodation of guests in a particular park and with similar facilities offered for tourist camping and similar use in the area.
(b) The fee for special parking spurs, campgrounds for automobiles, sites for tent camping, and special auto trailer coach parking spaces is one-half of the fee set in paragraph (a) on Sunday through Thursday of each week for:
(1) an individual age 65 or over who is a resident of the state and who furnishes satisfactory proof of age and residence;
(2) a physically handicapped person with a motor vehicle that has special plates issued under section 168.021, subdivision 1; or
(3) a physically handicapped person who possesses a certificate issued under section 169.345, subdivision 3.
Subd. 4. Deposit of fees. (a) Fees paid for special state park uses under this section shall be deposited in the natural resources fund and credited to a state parks account.
(b) Gross receipts derived from sales, rentals, or leases of natural resources within state parks, recreation areas, and waysides, other than those on trust fund lands, must be deposited in the state treasury and credited to the general fund.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes