84D.10 Prohibited act; watercraft.
Subdivision 1. Launching prohibited. A person may not place or attempt to place into waters of the state a watercraft, a trailer, or plant harvesting equipment that has aquatic macrophytes, zebra mussels, or prohibited invasive species attached except as provided in this section.
Subd. 2. Exceptions. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, a person may place into the waters of the state a watercraft or trailer with aquatic macrophytes:
(1) that are duckweeds in the family Lemnaceae;
(2) for purposes of shooting or observation blinds in amounts sufficient for that purpose, if the aquatic macrophytes are emergent and cut above the waterline;
(3) that are wild rice harvested under section 84.091; or
(4) in the form of fragments of emergent aquatic macrophytes incidentally transported in or on watercraft or decoys used for waterfowl hunting during the waterfowl season.
Subd. 3. Removal and confinement. A conservation officer or other licensed peace officer may order:
(1) the removal of aquatic macrophytes or prohibited invasive species from a trailer or watercraft before it is placed into waters of the state;
(2) confinement of the watercraft at a mooring, dock, or other location until the watercraft is removed from the water; and
(3) removal of a watercraft from waters of the state to remove prohibited invasive species if the water has not been designated by the commissioner as being infested with that species.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes