84D.10 Prohibited act; watercraft.
Subdivision 1. Launching prohibited. A person may not place or attempt to place into waters of the state a watercraft, a trailer, or plant harvesting equipment that has aquatic macrophytes, zebra mussels, or prohibited exotic species attached except as provided in this section.
Subd. 2. Exceptions. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, a person may place into the waters of the state a watercraft or trailer with aquatic macrophytes:
(1) that are duckweeds in the family Lemnaceae;
(2) for purposes of shooting or observation blinds in amounts sufficient for that purpose, if the aquatic macrophytes are emergent and cut above the waterline;
(3) that are wild rice harvested under section 84.091; or
(4) in the form of fragments of emergent aquatic macrophytes incidentally transported in or on watercraft or decoys used for waterfowl hunting during the waterfowl season.
Subd. 3. Removal and confinement. A conservation officer or other licensed peace officer may order:
(1) the removal of aquatic macrophytes or prohibited exotic species from a trailer or watercraft before it is placed into waters of the state;
(2) confinement of the watercraft at a mooring, dock, or other location until the watercraft is removed from the water; and
(3) removal of a watercraft from waters of the state to remove prohibited exotic species if the water has not been designated by the commissioner as being infested with that species.