Subdivision 1. Scope. As used in sections 144D.01 to 144D.06, the following terms have the meanings given them.
Subd. 2. Adult. "Adult" means a natural person who has attained the age of 18 years.
Subd. 3. Commissioner. "Commissioner" means the commissioner of health or the commissioner's designee.
Subd. 4. Housing with services establishment or establishment. (a) "Housing with services establishment" or "establishment" means:
(1) an establishment providing sleeping accommodations to one or more adult residents, at least 80 percent of which are 55 years of age or older, and offering or providing, for a fee, one or more regularly scheduled health-related services or two or more regularly scheduled supportive services, whether offered or provided directly by the establishment or by another entity arranged for by the establishment; or
(2) an establishment that registers under section 144D.025.
(b) Housing with services establishment does not include:
(1) a nursing home licensed under chapter 144A;
(3) a board and lodging establishment licensed under chapter 157 and Minnesota Rules, parts 9520.0500 to 9520.0670, 9525.0215 to 9525.0355, 9525.0500 to 9525.0660, or 9530.4100 to 9530.4450, or under chapter 245B;
(4) a board and lodging establishment which serves as a shelter for battered women or other similar purpose;
(5) a family adult foster care home licensed by the department of human services;
(6) private homes in which the residents are related by kinship, law, or affinity with the providers of services;
(7) residential settings for persons with mental retardation or related conditions in which the services are licensed under Minnesota Rules, parts 9525.2100 to 9525.2140, or applicable successor rules or laws;
(8) a home-sharing arrangement such as when an elderly or disabled person or single-parent family makes lodging in a private residence available to another person in exchange for services or rent, or both;
(9) a duly organized condominium, cooperative, common interest community, or owners' association of the foregoing where at least 80 percent of the units that comprise the condominium, cooperative, or common interest community are occupied by individuals who are the owners, members, or shareholders of the units; or
(10) services for persons with developmental disabilities that are provided under a license according to Minnesota Rules, parts 9525.2000 to 9525.2140 in effect until January 1, 1998, or under chapter 245B.
Subd. 5. Supportive services. "Supportive services" means help with personal laundry, handling or assisting with personal funds of residents, or arranging for medical services, health-related services, social services, or transportation to medical or social services appointments. Arranging for services does not include making referrals, assisting a resident in contacting a service provider of the resident's choice, or contacting a service provider in an emergency.
Subd. 6. Health-related services. "Health-related services" include professional nursing services, home health aide tasks, and home care aide tasks identified in Minnesota Rules, parts 4668.0100, subparts 1 and 2; and 4668.0110, subpart 1; or the central storage of medication for residents.
Subd. 7. Family adult foster care home. "Family adult foster care home" means an adult foster care home that is licensed by the department of human services, that is the primary residence of the license holder, and in which the license holder is the primary caregiver.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes