Note: see session law sections for effective dates.
"Adult" means a natural person who has attained the age of 18 years.
"Arranged home care provider" means a home care provider licensed under chapter 144A that provides services to some or all of the residents of a housing with services establishment and that is either the establishment itself or another entity with which the establishment has an arrangement.
"Commissioner" means the commissioner of health or the commissioner's designee.
"Direct-care staff" means staff and employees who provide home care services listed in section 144A.471, subdivisions 6 and 7.
(a) "Housing with services establishment" or "establishment" means:
(1) an establishment providing sleeping accommodations to one or more adult residents, at least 80 percent of which are 55 years of age or older, and offering or providing, for a fee, one or more regularly scheduled health-related services or two or more regularly scheduled supportive services, whether offered or provided directly by the establishment or by another entity arranged for by the establishment; or
(2) an establishment that registers under section 144D.025.
(b) Housing with services establishment does not include:
(1) a nursing home licensed under chapter 144A;
(4) a board and lodging establishment which serves as a shelter for battered women or other similar purpose;
(5) a family adult foster care home licensed by the Department of Human Services;
(6) private homes in which the residents are related by kinship, law, or affinity with the providers of services;
(7) residential settings for persons with developmental disabilities in which the services are licensed under chapter 245D;
(8) a home-sharing arrangement such as when an elderly or disabled person or single-parent family makes lodging in a private residence available to another person in exchange for services or rent, or both;
(9) a duly organized condominium, cooperative, common interest community, or owners' association of the foregoing where at least 80 percent of the units that comprise the condominium, cooperative, or common interest community are occupied by individuals who are the owners, members, or shareholders of the units;
(10) services for persons with developmental disabilities that are provided under a license under chapter 245D; or
"Supportive services" means help with personal laundry, handling or assisting with personal funds of residents, or arranging for medical services, health-related services, social services, or transportation to medical or social services appointments. Arranging for services does not include making referrals, assisting a resident in contacting a service provider of the resident's choice, or contacting a service provider in an emergency.
"Health-related services" include professional nursing services, home health aide tasks, or the central storage of medication for residents.
"Family adult foster care home" means an adult foster care home that is licensed by the Department of Human Services, that is the primary residence of the license holder, and in which the license holder is the primary caregiver.
1995 c 207 art 9 s 29; 1997 c 107 s 1; 1997 c 113 s 7-10; 3Sp1997 c 3 s 6; 1999 c 245 art 3 s 8; 2002 c 375 art 2 s 3; 2005 c 56 s 1; 2006 c 282 art 19 s 4; 2013 c 108 art 9 s 3; 2015 c 71 art 8 s 41; 2016 c 111 s 1; 2016 c 158 art 1 s 62; 2016 c 179 s 16; 2017 c 40 art 1 s 33; 2018 c 182 art 2 s 3; 2019 c 60 art 1 s 48
NOTE: This section is repealed by Laws 2019, chapter 60, article 1, section 48, effective August 1, 2021. Laws 2019, chapter 60, article 1, section 48.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes