144A.72 Registration requirements; penalties.
Subdivision 1. Minimum criteria. The commissioner shall require that, as a condition of registration:
(1) the supplemental nursing services agency shall document that each temporary employee provided to health care facilities currently meets the minimum licensing, training, and continuing education standards for the position in which the employee will be working;
(2) the supplemental nursing services agency shall comply with all pertinent requirements relating to the health and other qualifications of personnel employed in health care facilities;
(3) the supplemental nursing services agency must not restrict in any manner the employment opportunities of its employees;
(4) the supplemental nursing services agency, when supplying temporary employees to a health care facility, and when requested by the facility to do so, shall agree that at least 30 percent of the total personnel hours supplied are during night, holiday, or weekend shifts;
(5) the supplemental nursing services agency shall carry medical malpractice insurance to insure against the loss, damage, or expense incident to a claim arising out of the death or injury of any person as the result of negligence or malpractice in the provision of health care services by the supplemental nursing services agency or by any employee of the agency; and
(6) the supplemental nursing services agency must not, in any contract with any employee or health care facility, require the payment of liquidated damages, employment fees, or other compensation should the employee be hired as a permanent employee of a health care facility.
Subd. 2. Penalties. A pattern of failure to comply with this section shall subject the supplemental nursing services agency to revocation or nonrenewal of its registration. Violations of section 144A.74 are subject to a fine equal to 200 percent of the amount billed or received in excess of the maximum permitted under that section.
HIST: 1Sp2001 c 9 art 7 s 4
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes