611A.33 Duties of commissioner.
The commissioner shall:
(1) Review applications for and award grants to a program pursuant to section 611A.32, subdivision 1, after considering the recommendation of the advisory council;
(2) Appoint the members of the advisory council created under section 611A.34, and provide consultative staff and other administrative services to the advisory council;
(3) After considering the recommendation of the advisory council, appoint a program director to perform the duties set forth in section 611A.35;
(4) Design and implement a uniform method of collecting data on domestic abuse victims to be used to evaluate the programs funded under section 611A.32;
(5) Provide technical aid to applicants in the development of grant requests and provide technical aid to programs in meeting the data collection requirements established by the commissioner; and