609.761 Operations permitted.
Subdivision 1. Lawful gambling. Notwithstanding sections 609.755 and 609.76, an organization may conduct lawful gambling as defined in section 349.12, if authorized under chapter 349, and a person may manufacture, sell, or offer for sale a gambling device to an organization authorized under chapter 349 to conduct lawful gambling, and pari-mutuel betting on horse racing may be conducted under chapter 240.
(1) the tournament or contest consists of the card games of chance commonly known as cribbage, skat, sheephead, bridge, euchre, pinochle, gin, 500, smear, or whist;
(2) the tournament or contest does not provide any direct financial benefit to the promoter or organizer; and
(3) the sum of all prizes awarded for each tournament or contest does not exceed $200.
Subd. 4. Social dice games. Sections 609.755 and 609.76 do not prohibit dice games conducted on the premises and adjoining rooms of a retail establishment licensed to sell alcoholic beverages if the following requirements are satisfied:
(1) the games consist of board games played with dice or commonly known dice games such as "shake-a-day," "3-2-1," "who buys," "last chance," "liar's poker," "6-5-4," "horse," and "aces";
(2) wagers or prizes for the games are limited to food or beverages; and
(3) the retail establishment does not organize or participate financially in the games.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes