Subdivision 1. General requirements. (a) Every ambulance in service for patient care shall carry, at a minimum:
(2) airway maintenance equipment in various sizes to accommodate all age groups;
(3) splinting equipment in various sizes to accommodate all age groups;
(4) dressings, bandages, and bandaging equipment;
(5) an emergency obstetric kit;
(6) equipment to determine vital signs in various sizes to accommodate all age groups;
(7) a stretcher;
(8) a defibrillator; and
(9) a fire extinguisher.
(b) A basic life support service has until January 1, 2001, to equip each ambulance in service for patient care with a defibrillator.
Subd. 2. Advanced life support requirements. In addition to the requirements in subdivision 1, an ambulance used in providing advanced life support must carry drugs and drug administration equipment and supplies as approved by the licensee's medical director.
Subd. 3. Storage. All equipment carried in an ambulance must be securely stored.
Subd. 4. Safety restraints. An ambulance must be equipped with safety straps for the stretcher and seat belts in the patient compartment for the patient and ambulance personnel.
HIST: 1999 c 245 art 9 s 25
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes