103B.321 Duties of the board.
Subdivision 1. General. The board shall:
(1) develop guidelines for the contents of comprehensive water plans that provide for a flexible approach to meeting the different water and related land resources needs of counties and watersheds across the state;
(2) coordinate assistance of state agencies to counties and other local units of government involved in preparation of comprehensive water plans, including identification of pertinent data and studies available from the state and federal government;
(4) determine contested cases under section 103B.345;
(5) establish a process for review of comprehensive water plans that assures the plans are consistent with state law;
(6) report to the house of representatives and senate committees with jurisdiction over the environment, natural resources, and agriculture as required by section 103B.351; and
(7) make grants to counties for comprehensive local water planning, implementation of priority actions identified in approved plans, and sealing of abandoned wells.
Subd. 3. Local advisory committee. The board shall use a committee, consisting of persons representing counties, soil and water conservation districts, municipalities, and townships and persons interested in water planning, to assist the board in the water planning process. Members must be appointed, serve, and be paid their expenses but may not receive other compensation, pursuant to section 15.014.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes